Friday, November 28, 2014

Advent Calendars! Fun for adults too...

Assorted candy, buttons, and mini books wrapped up and placed in a refillable snowman advent calendar. VaryNiche.com
My partner, Danny, loves gifts. He especially loves finding or making the perfect gift for those on his list.

I love giving gifts as well, and there is no greater joy than finding that perfect gift for someone I care about... but as an anxious person, I am seldom convinced that I've found the right gift. So I tend to worry about it starting in August.

Since Danny has yet to agree to any "no gift" options, over the last few years I've used a refillable advent calendar to take some of the pressure off. I still get him a larger gift each year but since I've given him 24 other gifts by the time he gets it, I am less worried when he opens the final gift of the season.

Anxiety aside, I remember how excited my sister and I were to check our calendar every morning in December.

Plus, putting together an Advent Calendar for someone (even if they aren't a kid) can be great fun. This year I grabbed some discount Halloween candy, separated a couple 4-packs of mini buttons, and separated an 8 pack of fun mini-notebooks. I wrap all the items, and fill the calendar. The books don't fit so they sit numbered on the bookcase beside the Calendar.

Bonus: this tall snowman calendar is half my Holiday decorations and easily replaces one of our pictures on the wall (I keep it simple since we both go home for the Holidays each year).

Happy December!

No comments:

Post a Comment