Wednesday, June 11, 2014

An Evening of Art

Lately I have been reconnecting with my artistic side. In May I discovered that the Art Gallery of Lambeth offers evening lessons during which I could learn techniques from classic to fun-and-messy. But the best part...they supply everything I need and clean up afterward so I just show up, learn, have fun, and walk out with my very own rendition of the painting.

I had so much fun that I thought I'd share it with the world.

In addition to their regular evening & weekend events they offer party packages. Get about 6 friends together, pick your painting, and celebrate! Or...arrange the same for your kids.




If you have a willing partner, you could do a couples' painting class. A great communication or intimacy building activity...
But of course they hooked me with the Sip & Paint evenings...wine, snacks, and painting!

 There was much fun!

While I had plans to document the progression of my piece, it was just so exciting that I forgot to take pictures between the first stage and the finished product. :)


If you love your piece by the end of the class, you can have it framed that night. I liked this one enough to frame it to put up in my bathroom...at least until I create something more awesome to take up the coveted bathroom spot. Check out their calendar to find a painting you'd like to try...maybe I'll see you there. :) Not from Southwestern Ontario?

Check with your local art galleries to see if they offer something similar.

  Shari